I was going to take a picture of an blanket that Nanny crocheted... one with those black bordered flowers she made and then forgot how to make!... because it would embody both creativity and family, but then today I had to run out and buy 36 small gifts to drop off at school. Each child was asked to bring in something little for each of the 18 kids in class. I forgot all about this and had to scramble around this morning buying items. So, there is part of my personality... I work better under pressure. bwahhahaha!! How is that for a spin on "I procrastinate"??? I know 99% of you are nodding in agreement with me. Y'all work better under pressure, too, don't y'all? (pronounced: dough-chall)
We love going into Old Navy to spend only 1 quarter on a big bouncy ball. We have been known to make a special trip to buy only 1 of those. I knew that would make a fun gift for each child so I grabbed a roll of quarters at the credit union before hitting Old Navy this morning. I did actually end up buying a couple sale items, too... including a pair of Minnie Mouse pants for myself and some cute flag leggings as well as an Angry Birds tee shirt for Gretchen. If you know me, I rarely buy clothes off a real rack in a real store. Ah ha - more of my personality: thrifty. I love our Goodwill and ebay for clothing!
But, I had so much fun plunking 20 quarters into that big gumball machine and turning the crank each time to see what ball popped out! (I bought 20 so I could keep the cool yellow one for Carl at home... and then, I needed to buy 20, not 19. I don't know what that says about my personality: compulsive? At least I was able to stop at 20 ... I had a whole roll of quarters, remember... and I didn't feel the need to keep going until I got the pink ball even though I really wanted that one for Gretchen. Ah, add restraint or limited will power to my list of traits.)
As a gift from Carl, I bought 18 Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. You think you can just waltz up to the rack of Hot Wheels and pick the first 18 they have? Well, not me. I had to wade through the rows. Then move over and check out the Matchbox cars, too. I finally filled my cart with a combo of the 2 brands and a mix of classic hot rods, community helper vehicles and beachy looking jeeps. While I was still deciding if I had picked the perfect 18 (well, 19... I bought one 73 Firebird for us to keep because it was too cool) a guy walked by my cart and did a double take. In his awesome surfer dude voice he asked, "That is so cool! Are you having a birthday party? That is so cool!" He even pointed it out to his friend who had walked by already. I told him I was buying them for my son's classmates for the end of the year and he approved. I think I made his day.
Add this final trait to my list:


No comments:
Post a Comment