Tuesday, May 15, 2012

day 15... love

I love blueberries!

I went to pick some this morning after dropping the kids off at school.  I was the first person there.  The gate was still closed and I had to wait for someone to come open up.  I picked last week, but there were not many. I got less than 1/4 of my bucket filled that day.  Then, last Saturday we tried to go as a family, but when we arrived, the sign said the fields had been picked clean and they would not be picking blueberries again until Tuesday.  We had also tried to go to our t-ball practice Saturday at noon and no one else showed up.  Saturday was kind of a bust.

But, this morning, there were only a few early birds picking.  And there were a lot more berries to pick.  Still, the guy said they are only picking every 3 days for now.  So, not again until Friday.  I asked him if there would still be berries on the bushes at 3:00 so I could bring the kids after school.  They were bummed out that they were missing the morning session.  The worker said no, most likely the rows would be picked clean by about 12:30 or 1:00. Since they are picking again Friday morning, Friday afternoon will be out as well as Saturday.  Once it gets really hot, they will have enough to pick daily.  Then Carl will be able to pick.  He doesn't eat them, just picks.

It rained last night, so the bushes and berries were covered in droplets.


Here is a small section of the berry farm.  Those are strawberry rows in the front and blueberries behind.  the blackberries are more off to the left and a ton of strawberry rows continue to the right.

I picked more than I intended, but they were so good!  This bucket cost me $7 when they weighed it.  that is a lot cheaper than if you buy the ones they have already picked.

As of now, I have no plans other than to eat these!


This was my other thought for "love".  

No comments:

Post a Comment