Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 3... something you wore today

Here is my entry for day 3 of the May Creativity photo-a-day challenge.  
Something You Wore Today....

I've got something in my pocket that belongs across my face
I keep it very close at hand, in the most convenient place.
I'm sure you couldn't guess it if you guessed a long, long while
so I'll take it out and put it on.....
it's a great big Brownie smile!

I know that any of you who were scouts at some point are now humming that.    We didn't have Daisy Scouts when I was growing up, but there is a troop here at the kids' school.  However, they only took 5 kindergarten kids.  I am on the waiting list to get in for next year, but probably should just start my own troop.  The woman who was part of organizing the school one was a little upset that the school wouldn't allow them to meet on school grounds.  I can see why not.  Let one out of school group use the building and you'll have to open the doors to all out of school groups.  I think she said they were going to meet at a local church and she said I could drop off Gretchen (like she does with her daughter) because then Carl and I wouldn't have to hang out waiting.  Let my kid in and you can meet here at my house.  I'll run tons of crafts and socializing in my house - like scouting was for me growing up.  I will need some help getting psyched up for camping, though.  But, I'll bring my guitar for campfire songs...... like The Brownie Smile Song!

No comments:

Post a Comment