Wednesday, May 16, 2012
day 16... what you're reading
What have I been reading? Well, believe it or not, reading is not everyone's idea of a fun hobby. I prefer to be crafty or musical or to be taking photographs than to curl up with a book. So, the things I read are news articles, blogs, children's books out loud and homework.
Here are 2 extra homework projects the kids did yesterday. I had a camera club meeting, so Lew took the kids out to dinner alone. Before they left, I had him do their extra homework with them. That was Carl's inspiration. Every night they do an extra homework assignment so they can move their behavior clip up one notch in the morning at school. The bonus is that they earn an extra penny for this which means when they can shop in the classroom store (a 10 cent box or a 20 cent box) they have earned 5 extra pennies per week. Money is a motivator even in kindergarten. And think about it - people at work are rewarded for doing their work well and for going above and beyond. So, they are learning that lesson early.
Anyway, I figure some of you are going to say "I can't read the stories" (click on the photo and it will get bigger) so here they are:
Gretchen's
On saturday I learned how to tie my shoes! This is how to make a starer knot ferst you cross the laces to make an X as shown.
Carl's
I like to go to golden coral. I like the cheese. I am hugry now. I love golden corall.
As you can see, there were pictures drawn above the stories, but I cut those off for the collage. The underlined words are one the kids thought they misspelled. They compose these all by themselves with no spelling help. We alternate between these stories, some math problems and practicing a book to read to the entire class for extra homework each night. They both really love reading to the whole class. I only let them do that one time per week because several other kids do the same and it is not fair to hog all the days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment