Tuesday, December 15, 2009

eat mor chikin

If you are form the north, you might not recognize that slogan. It's from a (yummy, but kind of pricey) fast food chicken restaurant called Chick-Fil-A. The mascots are cows with bad grammar and spelling who try to convince people to, well, skip beef and eat more chicken. And they serve waffle fries. That is trouble. And, they are not open on Sundays. Religious observations to allow employees to spend the Sabbath with their families. If you are from the north, that may seem like a foreign concept, too. Down here, it is pretty common to find a Christian theme in businesses.

Well, today, Gretchen & I went there for Breakfast With the Santa Cow and Baby Cow dressed as an elf. They had a cute gingerbread magnet craft for us to do and then let us take photos with the 2 guests of honor. Gretchen then had a blast playing in the play area. She's never been in one of those. I dunno, maybe her mother is some kind of germ freak. Maybe her mother is worried about a toddler climbing too high and then the mother has to climb into the apparatus to retrieve the toddler. Whatever the reason, this is the first time she has been in a fast food play area.

Tomorrow, I have a reservation to take Carl to Day 2 of the event. I was happy they had it on 2 days that allowed me to bring them both. Oh, and I know Carl will love the play area, too. And then, I will be doomed to listening to his constant request to eat at Chick-Fil-A and climb. sigh

I'll be back tomorrow to post a photo of Carl with the cows on this same post, OK?

Day 2 of Breakfast with the Cows!

Carl was in heaven... chicken nuggets for breakfast! I skipped any drink today. Yesterday, I ordered a coffee, but when it was too hot, I bopped back up to the counter for some ice. When I returned to the table, I hit it funny getting into the booth and I managed to dump the entire extremely hot cup all over our table and the floor. Gretchen didn't get any on her, but the whole place smelled like french vanilla. The lady was super nice to me and I wanted to crawl under a table. Luckily, we had been early and there weren't any other kids/families there yet. But still, I decided to go thirsty today. But, Carl loved the chicken-minis once I called the roll part a "bagel".
He was even into the craft project! I handed him each piece to add to his gingerbread and he said, "This goes... here!" as he placed each one where he wanted it to go. Gretchen's came out cute yesterday, too. She was more 'realistic' and sort of followed the picture sample. Of course, all the other ones I saw on other kids' tables were perfect. Oh Moms, you could have let the kids put the things where they wanted. Whatever. I'll share a photo of them later when I add our faces (they are frames, so I need to find 2 shots of the kids. Do you think I might have one laying around here?)

After posing with the cows and poking their noses a few times, Carl got to go play in the climber area. He wasn't as insanely into it as I thought he would be. He played some, but there were a lot of 18 month -ish kids in there and he came to me asking to go. We were headed to the library, so he was excited to get there, I guess.

Yesterday, none of the kids cried at seeing the cows. Oh boy - today's group was pretty much terrified of them! One poor girl was screaming so badly, but her mom held her and had their photo taken anyway. I heard the lady say, "That's Michael in there if that helps" but this 10 month old apparently didn't understand what she was telling her! Crazy scared babies not comprehending adult conversation. I am guessing since they knew who Michael was, that the wanted a picture with him as Santa Cow enough to settle for one with a red faced, teary eyed little girl in it. Ho Ho Moo! waaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I love me some Chick-fil-A! Yes, it is pricey, but I never go there w/out coupons. :)

    I hate those play areas and avoid them like the plague. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chik-Fil-A also puts crack/cocaine into their chicken thus the addiction. :) I've gotta make it to Friday and then I'm off until Jan. 5th. Woo-hoo!!!!!! Maybe I'll have time to do some blogging...

    ReplyDelete