Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a visit to Aunt Phyllis'

Today, we visited for a few hours with my Aunt Phyllis. OK, the kids were pretty wild when we were there. She had a piano keyboard upstairs... that was enticing. Well, of course... she had stairs. Those alone are fun for 2 kids who live in a ranch style home. And she had a basement... another item absent in our own home. That meant she had 2 full staircases, just like Grammie. Up and down and down and up and up and down and up and down and down and up... over and over. Then - she had a neat sun porch with a sliding door. Carl insisted on going in and out. That would have been fine except that it was 40* out there and every time he came back and forth, he let more cold air in. It was something like -94* in NY that day. Also something we don't have here at home, but not as exciting as you might think. Ha!!

They ate all her mini marshmallows in less than 4 seconds!

I hope we didn't terrorize the cats too much! Thanks so much for inviting us over. I honestly mean this... they aren't usually that wild! Honest! (well, unless you take them out in public to try on eye glass frame. Who doggies... y'all should have been with us when we went to get sunglasses. I'll let you ask my mother how insane they were there. Even I can't believe we didn't break anything! I'll get shots of them in their Ray Bans soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment