On the twins' birthday, at the play place's community helpers day, Gretchen made a little baggie of dirt and corn seeds for farming awareness. Grammie admitted that there probably should have been more dirt in the bag, but since Gretchen was wearing her new #4 sweatshirt and it was so early in the day - they didn't want to get it dirty. So, we didn't know how the seeds and the light dirt would do.
I taped the baggie to one of the kitchen windows for light and it seems to be doing fine. I guess today we need to take them out of this bag and try planting them in a little pot. I have already been trying to convince Gretchen that we are not going to get corn to eat from this plants as she is fully convinced we are. Try explaining that to a know-it-all-four-year-old.
But, look how fast it has been growing once it really took off... (I should have taken earlier photos... oh well)
first photo from Sunday, November 29th.

second photo 4 days later, Thursday, December 3rd

No comments:
Post a Comment