Thursday, December 10, 2009

gingerbread cookies

We made this practically a full day event. Between choosing cookie cutters, mixing batter, chilling the dough (oh the wait killed her!), flour, rolling the dough, cutting out and baking the cookies we used up our entire morning without Carl.

She decided to taste the flour and loved it. yes, a child who won't eat pasta, potatoes, rice... ate this flour today saying "mmmm" with each fingerful. And, she wanted credit for trying a new food! I tried to explain that eating flour wasn't something to be proud of, but she didn't believe me. I could tell.
For a kid who won't eat the cookies or frosting, he had fun decorating cookies and the table! We frosted and sugared before nap.This one has no problem with sweets. She gets that from Molly! Gretchen got to sample one after nap!

Sorry this is kind of short. It's pretty late. We went to see Santa at Daddy's work tonight which made for a late night around here for everyone. I'll tell you all about that - with adorable pictures - tomorrow. Goodnight!

1 comment: