Sunday, May 3, 2009

diapers...ack!

Diapers!!!!! I have always used and loved White Cloud from Walmart. (at one point, they raised hte price and lowered the number in the case, but we ended up sticking with them because most name brand diapers were giving Carl a rash on his butter beans.)

About 1 month ago, I discovered that White Cloud diapers aren't there anymore!!!! Grumble grumble... but we made the switch to Target brand. (I first tried the Parent's Choice at Walmart, but the size 6 wasn't as big as the WC or Target size 6)

Now today... we go to Target to buy another case of 6s and find about 3 packs (of size 1) on the clearance rack!!! Done away with!!!! Now what am I going to buy? I guess the Parent's Choice slightly smaller ones.

The entire diaper industry is trying to encourage Carl to become potty trained. If only he would listen! He does sit and try, but he has never actually peed in the potty. He gets a sticker reward for simply sitting if it is over ~30 seconds. Most times, I read him 2 books while he is sitting there - plenty of time to pee. I really think if he would just accidently go, he'd realize how it feels and be more likely to do it. Both his therapists feel he will go quickly once he knows hte sensation of going. Boy, I hope they are right. When he is in the bathtub, he will actually stand up to pee! So, I know he knows he has to go - he stands up! (nice, peeing in the tub, such is life - we hose them off with the shower nozzle after bath anyway)

(Have you seen the price of Size 7 diapers??? LOLOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment