Friday, May 15, 2009

carseat Friday

I brought the camera to school today to drop off the kids because it is Miss Donna's last day teaching and I wanted a couple pictures with her, the other teachers and the kids. I got nice ones, too!

But, it reminded me that I said I would tell the history behind our old tradition of Car Seat Friday. You have already gotten to see Bald Head Thursday in a previous post. Car Seat Friday really was basically the same kind of thing - just a way for me to track their growth week by week. Each Friday, I took a picture in their car seat carriers to show how fast they were growing. My mother in law thinks it is because on Friday nights, I had them in their seats and ready to go waiting for Lew to get home so I could escape the house, but that is not true. Honestly, if I wanted to get out of the house back then - I did. Especially if they were already in their car seat carriers, right?

The tradition pretty much ended when, at 10 months old, they gradutated from those car seat carriers to the car seats they have now. But, today, I took their picture in the car seats just for old time's sake. And, on Mother's Day I took a couple. I'll put those on here and then go back and find a few oldies but goodies to post also.

leaving the hospital. OK, a Wednesday, but still.. one of my all-time-favorite pictures... Nov 23, 2005
January 25, 2006 - I loved those coats! Gap sweater jackets! Feb 10, 2006 - I loved these outfits! gifts from the Dickens familyMarch 17, 2006 first St Patrick's Day!May 1, 2006This next one with the sunglasses is not a Friday shot (and I haven't actually pulled out the calendar, maybe some others are not quite Fridays... forgive me) but it is another all-time-fav for me!! May 4th, 2006 July 16, 2006 - at Annie & Kenny'sNew Seats! September 27, 2006Here they are testing the seats one last time before we donated them to the pregnancy center . March 16, 2007Mother's Day, Sunday May 10, 2009

Friday May 15, 2009 3.5 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment