Read the title closely. It does not say, "I sent him to school commando." It says "he went..."
Gretchen & I dropped off Carl at school like any other Carl Day. I did ask his teachers if they knew how he "got beat up" the day before... jokingly... because he had a couple scratches on his chest and one under his nose. They had no clue how it happened. No big deal.
Then, Gretchen & I went to the aquarium (where she actually touched a starfish. She usually won't touch things in the Touch Tank), did some grocery shopping, drove through the McDonald's Drive Thru and got home about 11:45 am. When we got into the living room, there was a wet diaper on the floor by the trampoline. I asked her about it, "was it Carl's?" "Did you see him take it off?" "How did he get it off without taking off his shorts?" I thought maybe it wasn't the one he had on in the morning. But, it wasn't balled up like I normally do with 'used' diapers. And I didn't think the cats had any interest in dragging wet diapers around. She had no good info for me, either.
I checked the answering machine - no messages. I figured, if he really had no diaper on, he would have peed on himself pretty quickly and he didn't have any extra shoes so they surely would have called me to bring shoes. Or, I was going to get a call about a cleaning bill for all the poop dragged around the carpet.
When I picked him up, he came around the corner with his class still wearing the same outfit I sent him in. I was even more confused now. Maybe that wasn't his morning diaper.
It was. Ha ha! I asked his teacher before she could even tell me... "Did he have a diaper on this morning?" She smiled and said, "Nope." Apparently, when it came time for the first diaper change after snack, she went to check and see if his diaper was wet and that is how she discovered he had no diaper on at all! The next day, his other teacher said they got a kick out of it - figured I was so upset over my kid getting beat up, I forgot his diaper in panic mode.
Can you imagine what he must have been thinking for those couple hours?? I can't believe he didn't pee or poop at all! Maybe I am on to a new potty training method for him....cold turkey commando!
No comments:
Post a Comment