I love Tom Chapin. Have for a long time. My cousin Lori gets credit for introducing me to his music years ago with Family Tree. It was pretty much love at first listen and I haven't looked back! My first Tom Chapin concert was in 1992!
So, when we were home for vacation... oh yeah... I owe you 9736 vacation pictures all in one post, don't I??? Anyway, my Aunt Joanne called to say Stacey & Sydney were going to see Tom Chapin that night at the local park. A free concert in the park! usually a lot of fun no matter who is playing!
Well, we got there early because, let me tell you... I wanted a good seat! We grabbed the bench dead center, front "row". As "row"-ish as you can get with an outdoor stage. In front of us was a concrete dance floor. The kids took no time in hitting that!
It was half family/ half adult concert. And, as his bassist, Michael Mark told us, "We'll do the adult portion for the second half, because by then, we'll be a little bit older." But, Tom's adult music isn't anything racy. He even played several of Harry's things in a tribute to losing his brother 36 years ago.
So, here are a couple photos. I love the shot with the kids. (Thanks, Mom... she took that one and a couple with me in them. Notice which one I shared?) We waited in line after the concert ended to get a CD signed and pose with the band members. We were the last ones in line, of course. Why is it we seem to have to be the last ones anywhere? Oh yeah - it's so we don't miss anything!
Thanks Stacey & Aunt Joanne for alerting us to an awesome evening!! It was great to see you guys, too!!!


GREAT pictures!!
ReplyDelete