Thursday, September 29, 2011

dress up

Check out my mad shopping skillz......     I found this Disney Sleeping Beauty costume (with the tiara attached and tags on it still) at Once Upon A Child for $12!  Same dress is $40 at The Disney Store.  It's a 7/8...can you believe she is that big?  He is in 8 bottoms and 10/12 tops.  That's even more crazy. 

And this is part Halloween spoiler part Father's Day flashback.... 

This hat is part of Carl's costume.  I've had it forever.  I have no idea where it came from.  I used to use it with my classes each Father's Day.  I had 2 sports coats of my father's and 2 of his old neckties.  I'd dress the little kids up in the jacket, tie & this hat and take a picture.  (Then, we'd make a card of their footprint.  Inside, I'd write, "Daddy, I want to follow in your footsteps.  Happy Father's Day.")

Carl is loving this hat!  Wants to wear it to school and everywhere.  It's so cute to look back inteh rearview mirror and see him in it.  It's goofy.  It's certainly not a 5 yr old fashion statement.  But, I am so glad he loves wearing it and doesn't care what anyone else might think.  That is one really cool thing (among many really cool things) about 5 year olds in general.  But, when I mentioned it to my mother - how I hope Carl always just wears what he loves without worrying about what people might think, she said, "Well, that was Big Ken.  He never cared what people thought about the things he wore."  Just one (among many) more connection between Carl & Big Ken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment