So, we dropped Gretchen off at school and hung out together. I know sick days aren't supposed to be too much fun, but the kid wasn't acting sick at all. We did do some fast grocery shopping for dinner on the way home in the morning. Who knew??? If you get to the grocery store at 8:00am, they don't have any meat in the meat counter yet. Back home, we snuggled on the couch and watched a little TV in the morning. He ate a decent lunch and I managed to get him to take an early nap. Well, by the time he fell alseep I had to wake him 30 minutes later to go get Gretchen. He was not a fan of sitting in that pick-up line. I brought him a snack, drink and his TAG reader (but he didn't use it.) He was over 101 mid-day, so we'll see how he is in the morning. I may not adhere to the "fever free for 24 hours rule" if he seems fine. Shhhh.
We started journals today. I should have started them on the first day of school, but, well, I didn't. Here are the kids' entries from today with translations:
Gretchen's fifth day of kindergarten
September 1 2011
We went to the library.
We read a book.
We had 2 recesses.
We ate in the cafeteria.
The library had a lot of books.
September
1 2011
I am sick.
I stayed home with Mom.
Carl


No comments:
Post a Comment