Thursday, September 29, 2011

bummer milestone

At 11:52pm, Lew & Gretchen headed out the door for the First Ever B. Family ER Visit.  We made it 5 years,10 months and 1 week ER free.

She rolled out of bed and somehow cut her face next to her eyebrow. A little over 1/2" long.  Yes, I took a picture.  No, I am not posting it.  I snapped one because Lew was arguing with me that it did not need stitches and I thought I was going to have to put it on a site I check often to get my mommy friends to back me up.  

It stopped bleeding very quickly.  She either hit the doll cradle or a dinosaur.  Can't really tell.   I hope they can glue it and it won't leave a big scar.  It has a puncture-esque look to the center of it.  If Urgent Care places were open at midnight, we'd have gone there.  It really wasn't a huge emergency.  We're pretty laid back about most stuff, but when it comes to scarring that beautiful face, I wanted it looked at.  Then, a phone nurse agreed with me.  "Face/head cuts over 1/4" should come in."

I'm going to bake some cookies now while I wait.

__________________________________________________________________
update:  2:15am

Lew just texted that the dr said "put some neosporin on it."  It is apparently too shallow and too irregular to do anything.  I know damn well it is going to scar. 

Hefty co-pay for ER visit. 

And, Gretchen is still up at 2:15 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment