Tuesday, September 13, 2011

school fundraiser night

Tonight was a school night at the local water park - which has other things to do besides the water park.  The water park was not included in this event.

But, the kids could choose 2 activities from Laser Tag, Rock Climbing Wall (I think they were too young for this choice), Go Carts (had to be 12 to drive), Mini Golf or Climber Room (for ages 8 and under).  This is the same place they had their 5th birthday party.  So, Gretchen wanted to wear her 5 shirt.  Once Carl saw she had hers on, he wanted to change, too.  "In case I want to make a fifty-five with Gretchen."  Numbers.  It's a Carl thing.

We picked Mini Golf first and then played for an hour in the climber room.  They had never played miniature golf before.  Carl picked a yellow ball and Gretchen a pink one.  Of course. 
Lew helped them with their clubs and with how to swing.  A couple times I think he felt they were playing for a green jacket, but he did lighten up a bit and they had fun moving the ball and reswinging and swinging backwards and pushing it in the hole etc.

Carl yelled, "I won!" every time he got the ball into the hole. 
Gretchen did get a hole in one!! 
It was fun, and the elementary school got $5 out of each $10 admission.  This school doesn't sell cookie dough or wrapping paper or entertainment books.  Thankfully!!


Now, I have noticed that since the photos I post in my entries have become clickable, the quality of them when they are within the text here is poor.  But, once you click on them, they get bigger and much crisper.  I hate it when my photos don't look good.  So, if something looks a bit "soft" (or fuzzy) to you, click on it and see it as I intended it to post.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of fundraising !! Fun for the kids and no begging of relatives/close friends to buy stuff they don't need or want. And of course they picked yellow and pink balls....to match their shirt colors ! What a fashionable duo !!

    ReplyDelete