The hard part is choosing only 3 to send in for the website! I traveled with 3 other photographers, so many of my shots are similar to ones they captured. But, I know just like their creativity lead them to certain other things I may have missed - I snapped some things they did not see.
Technically - I did the whole morning with my 60mm macro lens on my camera. Others had lens with more zoom capabilities. I could have changed (I borught my 30mm along), but I just love that 60mm lens and only once or twice did I wish I had a larger field of view (the ambulance being one of those times).
1. Steps - the railing just really made me think clef and staff

2. Curves - In the sidewalk near a parking garage.

3. Yum! - this is our club president being silly and trying to sneak my mango smoothie. I managed to snap the shot - the others said, "Oh John, wait - do that again!" but he didn't. I am definitely sending this one in.


4. arch - the parking garage by the curve sidewalk mentioned above

5. Hats, Hats, Hats! - snapped through a window in a used bookstore/flea market looking place

6. glass - I don't think the other people I was with stopped for this one, but who knows what other members may have wandered up that sidestreet

7. shiny - this has the 4 of us in it... Skip posing, Gail, Vicki & I in his lens (as you can see, Vicki has the same shot... it would be kind of neat to get to see everyone's so you could see how they look side-by-side on all of these. I can't wait for the slideshow)

8. motion, or something in motion - this one gave me too many good opportunities. I am not including one I took of the "walk" sign. I thought it might be too far a stretch...implied motion. Ha! The flag I think is too common, too... but I like how it came out. The others were taking the same shot, but I had to flip the image to get the stars where I wanted them. I do not know if my companions are big photoshoppers.
and this ambulance shot - wish I had more of the vehicle, but I had to act fast with the sirens and speeding and all...
9. Angular - my crew didn't snap this wall, but who knows who else may have. As much as I liked the reds of the bricks, there was some dirt and some yellow - I think it shows "angles" better in black and white. You don't have to sift through the colors to see them as much.

but I had 2 other cool angular shots... probably everyone saw this sign and snapped a shot of it
and my gang all shot this... still, it is really cool. It is the shadow of the hand railing on the steps. As you moved, it changed angles - so I am anxious to see what the others' shots looked like.

10. Alive - this one was kind of tough. Especially since my buddies wouldn't hold hands and jump up in the air like I asked them to. (maybe they didn't hear me!) This tree was on the lawn of St James Church campus and it just looked "little and old" to me, surrounded by the beautiful church.
Jill, those are all just so beautiful!! You have such a good eye!
ReplyDelete