Thursday, September 10, 2009

my first keepsake from school this year

Today, Carl brought home a little booklet stapled at the top. Half a page of paper sized. All with the teacher's writing in it. It had sentences started and then they quizzed the kids and filled in their own answers. Titled, My Me Book by Carl. I also had a note from his therapist about how she was there when the activity was going on. Of course, Carl first answered with his standard, "No thank you" when asked to come do his book. (He is very polite. His teacher even told me last week any time she does something for him, he says, "Thank you, Miss Diane" and she thought he was very cute and polite. She is right. He is.) But, Ashlie said today, once they showed him Gretchen's booklet, he was much more interested in doing his project.


page 1: I love Gretchen


page 2: My Favorite Color: purple


page 3: I like to eat pumpkin muffins (this one cracks me up!)


page 4:

I can't wait to get Gretchen's tomorrow! I will add it to this post when I get it.


I also got another report from Carl today about what he did at school. Last year, I never heard anything from Carl about his day. He started school in Sept, and Gretchen stared in February. The first day, she came home and told me they watched Dora on TV. "Oh no, Honey, they don't show television in the two's room." Ha! Wrong. Turns out, every single day they watch TV in there during the time that the teachers are cleaning up lunches/doing diapers & potty time/getting the half-day kids ready to be taken outside to their parents. Almost 6 months of TV and he never once mentioned it. And he loves TV, you'd think he would have happily told me about it.


Anyway - today, I asked him, "Did you pee on the potty?" (little history for ya... kids are supposed to be potty trained before entering this class. Carl's IEP is his ticket in - with Pull-Ups - don't get me going on those, pull-ups with velcro sides. C'mon, you mean a diaper, right??? They actually told me he is the only child to go into this room untrained. I asked, "Ever?" and was basically told yes... ha ha! I could pee my pants laughing at that idea! Don't tell me my child is the only 3 yr old in the history of the world to not be potty trained!) But, anyway, today when I asked him, "Did you pee on the potty?" he told me these two things, "I stand up." and "Jack go pee." So, I know Jack's potty trip was successful, but don't know about Carl's. Yay Jack!!!

(update)
Well, it is Friday and I got Gretchen's My Me Book in her backpack today!

page 1: I love You!

page 2: My Favorite Color: yellow

page 3: I like to eat hamburgers

page 4:

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that book!! I wonder what Andrew would say...LOL

    That's hilarious about the TV...

    ReplyDelete