Happy 10th Birthday to Fit For Fun! You have probably heard me gush about this place in the past. Fit For Fun is basically a huge early childhood play place. They have it set up for children aged 0-5 only. Parents come along and stay with their kids to play. The workers do organize games and singing songs, but for the most part, the kids can just play. They have tons of those riding Flintstone style cars, climbers, train table, tool bench, art projects, puzzles, doll houses... just stuff that kids 0-5 really enjoy! So, they celebrated their birthday on Saturday with a party! How could we pass it up? I knew admission was free for the day - so we bought them a gift even. I ebayed a copy of a jazz nursery rhyme CD that I really like. (Josh Greenberg & The Mother Goose Jazz Band's Go With The Flow for anyone looking for cool nursery rhymes set to 'grown up' jazz sounds.) I think it will fit in with the style of music they play there... and since I like it, maybe it'll be on for us to bop to when we visit.
But, the highlights of the party were the extras they had going on outside... a bouncy house and a big blow up slide. They were going to limit the bouncy house to 8 kids, but there was never a line and never 8 kids in at once... so they never made Carl get out! There is nothing or no one in this world happier than Flying Carl B--------!!!
the other little guy in there with Carl was 1/2 a set of twins, too! And he was a close second to Carl in the happiness department!!



Back inside, we all sang "Happy Birthday" and they served cake and ice cream. Carl will not eat cake. Carl will not eat frosting. Carl will not drink juice. Carl will not eat anything but pure vanilla ice cream. Carl is not the ideal birthday party guest... or is he? He won't eat all your cake on you. I knew they were serving cake for snack, so I came prepared with a baggie of pretzel fish and once I got him a glass of water, he was happy! The dixie cups had a swirl of chocolate running through them - so he wouldn't eat it - even the bites Lew scooped out without any chocolate on them. "No thank you".


That's pretty much all we did over the weekend. The weather here has reached "glorious" in status. We're in the low 80s, low humidity and blue sunny skies. We're not out of the woods for hurricane season, but we are just heading into the best part of living here! To be honest, this summer wasn't as bad as others we have weathered here. Or my blood is getting too thin. There were times when we'd be outside in 95* temps and I caught myself thinking, "This isn't so bad in the shade."
We still want to place an order for a nice white Christmas in NY!!! (and are accepting hand-me-down boots and snowpants for that week, too!)
What fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteAndrew will eat cake, but he never eats any of the actual food. Sigh....