A friend of mine shared a big list of 100 items of things you may have had as a child. You were supposed to check off how many you had and the number was going to reveal how spoilt (yes, they spelt it that way) you were. Of course, many items were way too young for my friends and me to have had and then other things were totally missing like clothing and other non-toy things that may have made you spoilt. We had a good time talking about what non material things our parents gave us and going over the things on the list we did have. (Seriously, I do not think the mutli-colored pen I did have contributed in any way to spoiling me. A pen, people.)
One item we all laughed about as being not as extravagant as the list made it sound was a popcorn popper. But, after seeing it pictured - you bet I had to pull out nanny's old hot air popper and spoil my kids for lunch!! Whooo doggies!
really - what event (or photo) is complete without a line of matchbox cars?
Ear plugs - check. Camera - check.
Ready?......

set? .......

GO!!!!!
Getting a video!
How luxurious! Hot, dry popcorn!!!
He loves popcorn!
She complained it was not sweet enough.
So, I melted some butter and we added colored sugar. She didn't like it. (I did.)
Then, for the afternoon, we headed over to our favorite toy store for a master Builders Lego challenge. The kids each received one bag of Legos and had 1 hour to build something.
Here is Carl's creation. He named it Airplane tree Wacky Vehicle.
Gretchen's creation is called Swimming For The Sharks. She actually won the People's Choice award prize! The photo of her entry had the most votes on the toy store's facebook page!
Time for a few bubbles leaving the store...
Azaleas on the drive home.
Holding the camera over my shoulder while driving....
The next morning, Gretchen had a dentist appointment to get spacers put in. Step 1 for her retainer that she'll get next week. Our dentist has the absolute coolest office! First - since this was spring break, every day they had something fun going on. Tuesday happened to be Pajama Day!! So, Gretchen had her appointment, but Carl got to play on the house climber and watch TV underneath in the Surf Shack while we waited. I had a cup of coffee. The dentist office is the one place I get to have a K cup. Silly, but fun for me. The problem was - she was out so quickly, i didn't get to finish my coffee leisurely.
Here are the spacers....
In the dentist's parking lot.... see - azaleas are even beautiful next to a port-a-potty and a dumpster!We have done other cool stuff this week like have a different movie night in Mom & Dad's bed every night, went to Chick-fil-A for Bunny Brunch, go back to the fav toy store for Rainbow Loom bracelet class (and playtime for Carl), eat at a favorite diner, get Gretchen a haircut, keep an eye on the polliwogs, watch way too much TV, play outside in our own yard... and tonight we're going to the local theater where they do plays and other fancy shows to see a showing of the film The Wizard of Oz. Tomorrow - back to the toy store for holding Baby Bunnies and Chicks! But - so far - I haven't bothered taking pictures of those t hings. I do have Bunny Brunch shots and I will have Baby Bunny and Chick ones, too. But, for now - just one more shot for today........



















No comments:
Post a Comment