Saturday, April 19, 2014

"my tooth hurts"

A couple days ago, Carl said his tooth hurt and he pointed to the area where Gretchen's new spacers are located.  I figured he was looking for attention or something.  (No, I did not assume he was feeling his twin sister's pain).  The next day, he said, "Mom, my other tooth hurts."

Then, Friday morning, he announced, "Mom, my tooth is loose."  It was the one he was showing me as hurting the day before.  Well, when he showed me the sore one, I didn't pull his gum up high enough... because look at this..........

what was hurting him was teething!  Ha ha!  He has teeth coming in before the other ones have fallen out.  So, the one on the right in this photo was the loose one.  A few hours after discovering it was loose he comes in and says, "I LOST MY TOOTH!"   So, that new tooth has plenty of room now.  I suspect the other side will come out in a day or two.   I was surprised they came in up above like that because Carl has my perfect teeth.  (Yeah, I'll say it... my teeth are perfect.  Dentists tell me it.  Hygenists love me.  and, usually the kids' dentist gushes on and on about how perfect Carl's teeth are.)

So, he didn't want to leave the tooth last night because he wanted to save it for Easter Eve so the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny could come on the same night!  We have to leave a note for EB explaining that Gretchen cannot have jelly beans.  Hopefully, that will work and she won't be given any tempting candy.  I'll bet that if the TF meets the EB, everything will work out perfectly!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment