
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.....





... in the hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.
That's enough, right? Cool.

That's enough, right? Cool.
Wanna hear the story of our Christmas Eve pajamas? We have one of those common traditions of new jammies on Christmas Eve. (Apparently, we also have the tradition of me buying them way too big each December as well.) So, this year I pulled off a little fun.
I had mentioned several times that I had new pajamas for them for Christmas Eve so they knew they were coming. Then, after arriving in NY, I pretended I forgot them in NC. I got mad and stomped my feet and got pretty upset because now we wouldn't have our special jammies to wear. Gretchen told me it was OK, "They are in my heart" she assured me.
Well, on Thursday night, 12/23, after dinner we rode into downtown Albany to drive through Washington Park and see the lighting displays. With the new van instead of the wagon, we were able to take Katy and Grammie along, too! When we got home, there was a big tissue paper package and a note on the porch. The note was from Santa's elves. They told Gretchen & Carl that they were out practicing Santa's route so he wouldn't get lost on Christmas Eve and they found the jammies in NC. They knew we would want them, so they delivered them to Grammie's house in NY for us!!
Here we are in our penguin jammies. I tried to find something for Lew, but knowing he wouldn't wear them anyway, I didn't search too far and wide. Look closely - you can see that Carl lost Tooth #2 on the drive to NY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment