But, here, today, in NC, we had our own snowy day!! It's becoming an annual event. Last year we got 5", which they had not seen in over 10 years. Some local areas today got close to 7". We didn't get that much right here... too close to the beach. the water temp is still 46* so that keeps us from getting too much fun white stuff. But, officially, at the airport, we got 3.8". Pretty close to the 5" 10 year record.
Today, it wasn't snowing at 7:00 am when we got up. It didn't really start until about 8:00. And what you see in the pictures is all we got. It's almost dinner time now and the snow stopped hours ago - replaced by sleet. I think that has even stopped by now. They are calling for bad roads throughout tomorrow morning still. So far, they have not closed school for tomorrow. By this point yesterday, we had known for hours we had today off! pre-school follows the public school calendar!! (I just rechecked, still open for our county, but all surrounding counties are closed and our county's government offices are already closed. I find it hard to believe they would close the offices and still send buses out driving when the warnings all call for no unnecessary travel. But, we'll see.)
Today, it wasn't snowing at 7:00 am when we got up. It didn't really start until about 8:00. And what you see in the pictures is all we got. It's almost dinner time now and the snow stopped hours ago - replaced by sleet. I think that has even stopped by now. They are calling for bad roads throughout tomorrow morning still. So far, they have not closed school for tomorrow. By this point yesterday, we had known for hours we had today off! pre-school follows the public school calendar!! (I just rechecked, still open for our county, but all surrounding counties are closed and our county's government offices are already closed. I find it hard to believe they would close the offices and still send buses out driving when the warnings all call for no unnecessary travel. But, we'll see.)Want to make 5 year olds look even older? Just put them in snowmobile pants!


This is Gretchen's out-the-window shot of the deck box.

Carl captured the back yard out the window.

Gretchen and I made little snowmen. The snow wasn't really good for packing, but once it started to sleet instead of snow, we had better luck. And got more cold and wet. But, knowing this was the last chance to play in snow until December, I let them stay out longer. Carl finally decided he was cold and asked to go in. He then told me he was hungry and ended up eating 10 chicken nuggets, 6 crackers and a whole banana for lunch.

Here are both snowmen.

Gretchen was fascinated with our "white roof".

We had a lot of fun playing outside in our little snow. We were out for an hour before coming in for a big waffle breakfast complete hot cocoa for Gretchen and a mug of milk for Carl. We then went back out for another hour before lunch! And, believe it or not... nap has been going on for over 2 hours now!!!

Catching snowflakes on their tongues! That didn't really work until the sleet started, too.



My old camera is not getting fixed and my new camera has not arrived, so all I had to take pictures were the cameras that the kids got for Christmas. Of all the photos on here from today, some I took, some are Carl's and still others can be credited to Gretchen.





*after posting this, I checked yet again... and now schools are closed for tomorrow, too! *
No comments:
Post a Comment