Thursday, January 13, 2011

a 2 day school week

We ended up having 3 snow days this week! Well, 3 ice days, I guess. 3 days off from pre-school no matter how you word it.

Carl did say "I want to go see my friends and Miss Kelsey" once, but otherwise, we had a ball spending 3 days together. We wore pajamas for 3 days in a row (different pairs... not the same ones... we got clean ones out). We read stories. We baked and ate pumpkin muffins. Gretchen tried to set a record for Most Hot Cocoa Consumed. We played a ton of "Don't Break The Ice" and a little "Cootie". We had tea parties - and don't think Carl doesn't like those! He loves choosing stuffed animals to bring to the table and then getting to have milk in a little mug while eating fruit snacks, a tea party staple around here. I made homemade waffles every day; and we watched more "Maxy & Ruby" that I thought was physically possible. I just love Max & Ruby... surprisingly, I am not sick of them yet! See, Carl has chosen 2 DVDs from the library last Friday, so he wanted to watch them 24/7.

We only had the snow you saw in the previous entry and that melted fairly quickly. The 2nd day was too cold and actively sleeting to go outside. Yesterday, the ice was gone, the snow was gone... and we ventured outside. But, it was still so cold, we only lasted about 15 minutes. Just long enough for a little trampoline fun and a short Duck & Seagull Feeding time.

And now... boom, Thursday is almost done. They are napping which will take us to about dinnertime. Lew is bringing home Thai food for the (smart) grown-ups and something fast food burgerish for the (foolish) kids (who won't eat Thai food). I have a camera club education workshop tonight so they'll be sleeping by the time I get home.

... and... My new camera is currently "Out For Delivery" on the UPS truck!!!! Awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment