January 2011




And here are a few shots from today. I think I figured out what settings weren't correct in my new camera. So, we headed outside today for a few test shots. I know some of you reading this were in the 20-30* range today, but many of my friend readers are also southern. Anyway... we were at 60* when the kids and I headed out to snap pictures of each other without coats on.


They are wild shooters! As you can see, both of them would prefer a view finder on their cameras - just like their mother! Carl has been asking begging for a "big Sony" since he saw the DSLR version at Mimi Joanne's in December.
Here they are checking out the shots they have taken. This is why I knew I couldn't go with the Fisher Price cameras for two 5 year olds. They would not have been satisfied with a 1" display screen (which is what those kid drop proof cameras have. And maybe 2 megapixels. Gretchen's camera has 14! Carl's is 8.)


In the above picture, you can see his missing teeth. If you ask him if he has a loose tooth, he gets bugged with you. "No! I have a space!" I have wiggled the others - nothing else loose yet. But, the first two permanent teeth are coming in nicely, aren't they?

I didn't upload their pictures yet. I had a phlebotomy yesterday and I am tired still. Get this, my appointment was at 9:00 am. Nine. I arrived on time. I was not taken into the phlebotomy until 11:30 am. yes, eleven thirty. Two and a half hours waiting for them to locate my orders. Once I got in the chair, I filled that bag in only 11 minutes. They make you sit another 15 to recheck your blood pressure (how could it possibly be worse than it was when they took it prior to the phlebotomy? After a 2.5 hour wait??) Then, it took the appointment girl 20 minutes to figure out how to schedule my return appt in 3 months. Twenty minutes. Wait, there is more... the check out girl took 5 minutes on the phone finding out if I needed to pay a co-pay or not. I was just like, "Bill me" but they wanted to be sure. (I don't have a co-pay on phlebotomies.) So, I dropped the kids off at school too early, got scolded for being early just so I could race to the office for my 9:00 appointment. I then had to race back to school directly from the office to be able to pick them up on time and not get scolded (and fined) for being late. A fun Tuesday morning without kids, eh? And to think, I get to do it all again in 3 months. Let's hope they have their act together in April.
No comments:
Post a Comment