Sunday, March 28, 2010

first week of spring

I have a couple stories I want to write up, but I'm just not finding free time. So, I will share a few photos of my favorite little branch as it blossomed this week. The whole tree is really beautiful, too!

Oh - look at this... I thought they were white herons, but when I looked that up, they fit the Snowy Egret photo better. We usually only see one at a time. I had no clue there were this many of them living right here. We came home the other night and Gretchen headed into the living room before us, looking out the window before we turned the lights on. "Guys! There are a bunch of woodpeckers in our trees!" It was almost dark, but they didn't seem to care that I walked around the backyard. It was kind of windy, so maybe they didn't hear me rustling in the grass. I counted at least 12 of them!

1 comment: