1. Yesterday when we dropped her off at pre-school, upon entering the room we discovered the leprechauns had come to school and performed a little mischief the night before! They took all the name cards off the tables, the decorations off the door, hung green streamers all over the place and tossed toys all over the room! Luckily, Miss Diane was able to rally the kids together and they all helped clean up. However, Gretchen was not on board for the fun!!! She was not pleased when she entered the room, and the teacher said she cried at story time because "I miss Mommy & Carl". After picking her up, I learned the kids got the room all cleaned up. She helped in the housekeeping area and did a great job. Then, a few minutes later, she asked me, "Miss Diane said leprechauns are tricky. Why are they tricky?" She brought it up several times throughout the afternoon and evening. This morning, she asked me, "Does St Patrick's Day only come one time a year?" I'm sure she was worried about what the classroom was going to look like this morning! And - to our delight - it was clean - and there were new name tags! Gretchen was even the only ladybug!! She was happy!

The opposite reaction came from the son of Lew's boss. (He is in the 2s room, the twins are in the 3s room) His older sister had Miss Diane last year - so Sis kept telling him that the leprechauns were going to trash the classroom. Well, the Two's teacher didn't do it... and that little boy cried because his room was neat!
2. I took Miss Gretchy-Poo back to the doctor today because she kept telling me the inside of her ear hurt. She wouldn't let us touch it, so I figured I'd better take her in. Turns out - she has Swimmer's Ear. So, we needed drops. I had them call it in to Walmart for us. We get to Walmart and the pharmacy clerk tells me they are out of stock! She goes to ask the pharmacist something and comes back to tell me they will receive a shipment tomorrow afternoon after 2pm. Uh, no! That's 3 missed doses waiting for them to get me the medicine she needs. Pfft! So, we headed over to CVS... where the clerk recognized us! That is not a good sign!
No comments:
Post a Comment