Neither one of my kids have strep throat. (that is not why I am pissed off.)
I am pissed off because the pediatrician's office was supposed to call me and tell me that. Finally, today, I called them and left a message on the nurse's answering machine. It's one of those offices where you cannot speak to a human - it's all done by the damn automated system.
(once on a weekend, we called about Carl's allergic reaction to a medication... the machine said they would return my call in 30 minutes. That was months ago and no one has called me back yet. We ended up calling the hospital and asking their nurses what to do.)
So, today they were supposed to return my call - I left a message just like I am supposed to - names, birth dates, reason for calling and return phone number. My message asked if the kids' cultures came back positive (and I told them) because if not, I want to stop Gretchen's antibiotics because the diarrhea is very bad. No one returned my call by 5:00. So, I called Lew and asked him to pull the Dr act. That damn PhD gets awesome service with medical doctor's offices. He got put through to the answering service. Grrr... the office had not returned my call. Well, I asked him to call the service back and ask to get put through to the answering machine - and they said the nurses stay and return calls even after the service is activated. So, much after 5 pm, they returned MY call to LEW'S office phone. He had not left his name or phone number with the service. Just for some reason, the office called his desk. I left them MY HOME phone number, not Lew's desk phone. He is away from his desk 99.9999999999 % of each day. Why would I give that number to anyone? Unless I wanted them to not reach him.
So, they had the results of each culture... did they call me when they got the results like they told me they would????? Noooooo, I had to call them.
I can't wait to go to school and tell them neither kid had strep. The teacher told me another kid had it, too. Well.... he didn't get it from my kids!
Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the diarrhea. Andrew's got it from back-to-back 10-day doses of amoxicillan. The first from an ear infection and the second from his surgery. "Only" another six days on it....
Our pediatrician's office is in the dark ages and doesn't have an automated system when you call, and all the appointments are hand-written in pencil in a large appt book. Which is kind of silly, but honestly, at least I do get to talk to someone when I call. (When I can get through the busy signals at busy times, that is...)
I did get frustrated yesterday at B's new GI doctor's office. I called and spoke to the nurse at 8:45. She is the one who answers the phone, actually, and she's very knowledgable. But the questions I had really had to be run by the doctor. She said that they'd call me back soon.
I waited all morning. I really wanted some answers before I fed him lunch b/c it was all related to eating/pooping.
I called back at 12:15, and she had all the answers I needed. Ummm.....phone call??? :(
Oh Jill! I am so sorry!! I hope the kids are bouncing back from whatever the bug was AND that the runs have slowed back to a walk. :) I guess company at the same time was good and bad. The pics make it look like everyone still had a great time.
ReplyDelete