Friday, March 5, 2010

common sense?

Soooooo, Gretchen started a fever and kept complaining her throat hurt. (oh, at 2am last night, Carl was 105.0 and puked ALL over. He seems to be much better today. Phew.)

I called the office this morning and left a message on the nurse's line asking if meds could be phoned in for her since her brother has strep throat and she has the fever and sore throat. They called me back and said she had to be seen in the office. That was 9:40..... "Can you be here by 10:00?" Both kids were in jammies, I had a towel on my head still, but "sure, we'll be there." And we made it!

We had another fun time in the Sick Waiting Room. Carl was coughing. Yeah, it's a sick room. Kids in it are, well, sick. But, this other mother with 2 daughters kept glaring at him. Finally, after a few minutes, Mom got up and gave me a look as she marched her 2 girls out of the waiting room and out of the doctor's office completely! I saw them sitting out in the lobby by the elevator through the windows by the doc's door. Really? Carl was that threatening?? After she left, I turned to the other mother in there with a baby and said, "He's on antibiotics, he isn't the sick one even." and she rolled her eyes and laughed with me. She also thanked me when I told Gretchen she couldn't go look at baby Zeke because we needed to keep our germs off the baby. (Notice, we learned his name from across the room.) I was even nice enough to not stoop to any low levels... when the nurse called the other family in for their appt, I told her they were waiting out in the hall. I could have kept my mouth shut and they would have missed their appt.

Gretchen's culture was negative, but the doctor (different one than yesterday) said she'd give her meds since it was in the household already and she most likely has it, too. Hmmmmm...... . sounds a lot like what I proposed to the nurses. Ugh. Too much common sense for them to figure out, I guess. (I have had other dumb experiences with these nurses. Not that I am saying all nurses are out of it, but these gals have proved themselves to be eye-rolling at times.)

Everyone is home watching their favorite show, "The Fresh Beat Band". It's the current kid-fav-parents-scratch-their-eyes-out kind of show. No matter how old your kids are, you had one of these shows, right? Neat.

And we're waiting for Daddy to come home early today... after he picks Grammie up at the airport!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment