Sunday, February 21, 2010

weather

I have a story and photos to put up, but I am not ready tonight. So, since I just emailed in my entries for my upcoming photography competition, I figured I'd post them here as well. Yeah, that's lazy. What are you gonna do about it?

My March competition theme is Weather. I can enter 2 in that category and 1 other in "open" category. But, I really had 3 weather related entries. I was so excited because I had snow pictures from NY. No one else was going to have snow stuff.... yeah, right. Last week we got 5". Now everyone will be entering something snowy. Oh well. I still stuck with the 2 snow pictures for the assigned theme. The summer shot will be my Open entry. Beautiful summer days are weather, too!


title: Blanketed Bough (it's Mom's bushes out front... well, Kenny ripped them out. 12/08)
title: Winter Water (no - we are not required to follow some alliteration rule for titles, just happened that way. We tried to come up with something like "Ice on Tap" but that didn't seem to work. "Faulty Faucet" was a second choice... again, the matching letters) This is outside Hughes Opticians. I took the photos after buying sunglasses inside! 12/09
title: Beating The Heat (8/08) I originally was going to use this one - then decided on the pine needles, but once I had this one in my head I couldn't seem to set it aside. Lew asked ,"Why aren't you using the color version?" but I just liked the contrast of the black and white. I mentioned that earlier here - I am gravitating towards black and white more and more lately.

I'll update if I win any ribbons. I have been doing very well this season!!
(after looking at them - I think the beige and green background is playing with my eyes and making them look greenish. Just clarifying... or letting you know I didn't tint them funny!)

1 comment:

  1. I award all three of them winning ribbons!!The dripping/frozen faucet is awesome. I love the summer pic too - such great expressions from the kids and the water splashes in black and white is cool. Not that the boughs aren't great (and prize worthy), the other two just really struck me tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete