Wednesday, February 24, 2010

quotes for the week

1.) The boy with the polka dot pajamas came shuffling into my bedroom the other morning... no photo... you have to envision this yourself. Totally naked except for the bottoms of the jammies down around his ankles. (The kid is so skinny, you really do see his ribs.) I was barely awake. He came over to my side of the bed and loudly demanded: "Wake up and get me a big marshmallow!" (a little investigation on my part, and yes, he had peed in the potty!)

2.) A couple days ago, Gretchen said to me out of the blue, "I have happy skills." Clueless, I responded to her, "That's nice." and wondered what the heck she was talking about. She followed it up with, "Why does Carl have mad skillz?" Of course, I had no response for that. We did teach him that - a friend of mine who shall we say "enjoys" shopping a touch is always talking of her mad skillz, so we knew Carl would repeat it. Sure enough, it is cute to ask him what kind of skills he has. But, I didn't realize we hadn't let Gretchen in on the cute joke.
How many more times can I mentioned these polka dots without showing them to you???? It all started because I have mad clearance priced pajama buying skillz. I found this pair at Walmart for $3. I bought one pair. They are girls' pajamas after all. Well, it created so many nightly fights, that I went back to Walmart hoping to find another pair one size larger still on the clearance rack. Close, I found the same size... only, instead of $3, they were marked $5. Neat clearance trick, eh? Turns out, they rang up at $3. Whatever, the fights would have made the extra $2 worth it.



She is truly a princess, you know. Nightly we are treated to songs and celebrations about various princesses. And she loves the dress up shoes, tiara and magic wand. (Carl will say Bibbidy-Boppidy-Boo when she asks him to!)

(I had to change the background - even though I liked the other one better, the tan/green was messing with my photos too much and really bugging me. I needed something more white. )

1 comment: