Some of you know this holiday drives us nuts. Lew lovingly refers to it as "Stroke Day". (you wanna really drive him nuts? Talk about movie explosions that propel people forward to survival!) Spring begins on March 20
th no matter what the groundhog says. Six weeks
until spring. Six
more weeks of winter. But, you find people everywhere who swear by the
groundhog's ability to change the length of time between 2/2 and 3/20. Now, I did have one quite logical friend say she feels it has to do with the temps during that time - mild vs harsh. But, if you read articles, websites and even children's books, no one else uses that
argument.
Now, this doesn't mean I don't enjoy putting my kids outside to look for their own shadows! Today, it was 52* at 8:30am when we were outside and starting to rain. I took one picture without coats, but then we put on the raincoats and took a second shot before hopping in the car to take Carl to school. (rough drop-off again)


Happy Groundhog Day!!!
eh... let's flashback. I didn't have to make a collage this year... no shadows!
No comments:
Post a Comment