Thursday, February 18, 2010

my favorite quotes for the week

This morning, I was woken up by a sweet little boy in polka dot jammies. He climbed up into bed, laid down on Lew's pillow and asked, "Are you home from your camera meeting, Mommy? Did you have fun at your camera meeting, Mommy?" I answered, "Yes, a man showed us cool pictures of birds." His response: "I like taking a bath." So, I know Lew did his job and washed the kiddos before putting them to bed. As Carl left the room without looking back, he told me, "I missed you at your camera meeting."

A few days ago, Gretchen and I were shopping in Walmart. (I can't avoid it. As much as people claim they hate Walmart, it just can't be avoided. Especially if you are buying diapers or pull-ups. Plus, it's only like a mile from home. Have you seen Harris Teeter's prices? Or worse, Lowe's Foods? We don't have a Wegmans for crying out loud! Oh, what I wouldn't give for a Wegmans!!!! Danny, y'all should c'mon down, ya hear??) Anyway, we passed the baby clothes and she commented on the spring outfits for babies. I stopped and pulled a preemie sized suit off the rack and held it out to her. "You were this little once." "I was???" "Yes, when you were a baby you wore clothes this size." My mind flashed to Kali and wondered how old she was before she grew into clothes that size. I told Gretchen I miss her being a tiny baby and asked her, as I always do, if she would go back to being a baby. Oh, she hates this question! Almost as much as she hates people wearing clothes with holes in them. Someday soon, I hope to get a video camera again so I can tape her reacting to Lew having a hole in his sock or something.

But, her response to my very simple request, "No! I have to get bigger! I really want to drive a car and be a doctor for animals!"

No comments:

Post a Comment