Monday, February 8, 2010

soup-er bowl Sunday

Mmmm... I will toot my own horn (hmm, was that pun intended or not??) and tell you: I make good chili! Very good. It's not my own recipe - well, it is now - but it came from a college friend of ours. Thanks, Mark!! And it's of course, one of those very loose recipes where many things don't have measurements. "add to taste", "until your liking" ... stuff like that!

It's perfect for football... even if you only have 1 friend coming over. Brian came over and did his taxes with Lew, danced around over his large refund coming, ate with us and headed for home before kick-off. Oh well.... it was a nice visit. Gretchen sobbed when he left. Hours later, Carl asked, "Where'd Brian go?" hoping he was coming back.

and we were left with leftovers.....
Lew made the cookies!

It was a good game. We didn't really care who lost - either way would have been neat, but it was very cool to see the Saints win in their very first Super Bowl appearance.

Gretchen was a riot during halftime. The Who performed and she danced and jumped on the trampoline through the whole thing! This morning, I heard her over the monitor singing, ♪ "Who are you?" ♫ I have to listen to it a few more times to decide if I approve of the lyrics (who the hell are you?) and maybe I'll allow her to listen and dance some more.

No more football until next fall. Now, hockey... and Iditerod coverage coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment