After going 4 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 days without a sick child visit (other than Carl's heat rash eye roller from last May... remember this?) both kids had sick visits today. I have a bottle of amoxicillin in my fridge for the very first time ever! (Gretchen weighs 37 lbs and Carl weighs 42.5 lbs - same as he weighed last May.)
Carl's 104.6* fever apparently was not a simple reaction to he H1N1 booster shot, but is actually due to an ear infection. He showed no signs at all. No crying, no trouble laying down, no pulling on his ear, no telling me he hurt. Nothing but the crazy fever. Both kids have red eyes and Carl's were draining a lot yesterday - both have pink eye. You moms know that is so contagious you will probably catch it now that you have read the word. Sorry!
Did I mention that our cable TV went 75% out a few days ago? We have a handful of channels, but not all of them, and many kids' ones missing. This is a big issue when you have a sick child with a high fever. I want him to be able to lay still and TV sure would help that.
So, 2010:
heat
cable
camera
ear
eyes
I don't even know what kind of resolution to make based on this trend. Guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!
Oh Jill, I am so sorry the kids are sick!!! Pink eye? Yuck!! And no TV too - double yuck! How much Amox are they taking? At least that is good stuff (in our experience) for clearing up the ears. Sending big hugs and get well vibes!!
ReplyDeleteHow's it going your way? There wasn't an update on illness so hoping all is well. So my kids have been on Amoxicillan a million times - for almost all of their ear infections/tonsilitis things. Ally started breaking out in hives this evening. :( After an hour of trying to get through to the pediatrician, I called the ENT. His call 5 min. later was, "She's probably developed an allergy to it. Don't let her have any penicillan until we know for sure." Ahhhh! Although, I did have a FABULOUS sNOw day home with the kids today!
ReplyDeleteUgh! Neither one of my boys has ever had an ear infection. And while Andrew's never been on antibiotics for anything, B's had them twice for the two times he's gotten pneumonia.
ReplyDelete