Monday, January 18, 2010

another hit toy!

Well, with Carl anyway. You're going to think all I bought were Leap Frog toys. Well, I did place a whopping order with them before the holidays because they had such a wicked sale. I actually bought this toy because it was on sale for $6. I figured, if it was a dud, it was only $6. I even bought one to give a friend's son for his 4th birthday. In hindsight - I rock!

Leap Frog Fix The Mix. I have to show you a stock photo. (no call yet on my camera estimate) The box says it is for ages 3-6.

The child hits that start button and the machine plays a sequence of 5 things. Carl immediately turns it to Level 3. That level has things like "The Wash Your Hands Song"... the 5 parts are: wet your hands, get some soap, lather up, then rinse 'em, dry 'em off. It sings it in a little tune. Then, the kid has to push/twist/squeeze one of those colored buttons trying to find the first direction. The goal is to push all 5 in correct order. Once you make a mistake, you have to go back and start with the first one. After they get all five in the correct order, the machine congratulates them, gives them a score, then tells them the tally of all the rounds they have played so far and says something like "awesome!" or "that's amazing!"

Level 3 has other songs/directions as well. Counting to 10 by 2s, Counting to 25 by 5s, ABCs, months of the year, Life Of A Butterfly, Body Parts top to bottom and a few more. Carl has his favs and he'll keep hitting the start button to scroll through to find one he likes. But, he stays on task and finishes every time. He's really good at remembering where the song pieces are when he makes a mistake and doesn't make the mistake twice.

It's a cool toy, but I can't find it on Leap Frog's site again. And Amazon has it for $22! I love it when I make a good purchase!!

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-29114-Fix-the-Mix/dp/B00134PM5U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I did also buy this one below (Match Up) for $6 and it isn't anywhere near as cool. It's confusing and we haven't really figured it out yet. Maybe if we play with it a lot more, it'll get to be fun, but for now, he's happy fixing his mixes!

http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-29108-LeapFrog%C2%AE-Match-Up/dp/B00134O9HC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1263844684&sr=1-1

1 comment:

  1. I heart Leap Frog! Already planning to get Andrew the Tag Reader for his 4th bday in March!

    ReplyDelete