Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July pre-school parade

Today the kids' school had a 4th of July parade. Parents were invited to come and then stay for a picnic lunch with the kids after. Carl & Gretchen's class tie dyed shirts earlier in the week so all the kids would have matching red/white/blue shirts to wear. But, I guess they didn't rinse correctly (I don't know how to make tie dyed shirts, so I don't know what they really did wrong) and the 2 year old class all marched in their matching purple shirts! Oh well, they are very pretty and we will definitely get use out of them! They changed into their shirts upon arriving at school, so here are some shots of the kids on the way into school. (When I pulled this shirt out of the closet to put on Carl, Gretchen took one look at it and proclaimed, "Carl is going to look geeky in that!")Both kids stayed with their class for the 2 laps of the parade. If you remember reading below, Gretchen did not stay with them for the Easter Parade. (read about it here) This time, she did great! And as they circled around the first time, Carl was looking over his shoulder and yelling, "Bye Mommy" to me.It was like 95* out. Once we got to the playground for lunch, they really didn't eat much. I think it was just too hot. Well, that and the fact that they wanted to play with their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment