The kids each gave me a plant and I put them out on the front lawn. This is huge because I do not garden in any way, shape or form. But, these marigolds (and the purple flowers - don't even know what they are called) are doing fine out there!


They love helping me water them, too! Carl will even dump his sippy cup of outside drinking water for them!

Gretchen calls this vase "coffee cup vase" because the same artist that made all our mugs and pie plates and kitchen utensil holder made the teeny vase, too. Dean White is the potter. We would buy one item from him every year at Letchworth State Park Columbus Day outdoor craft fair! NY outdoor craft fair in autumn.... perfect way to spend a Saturday! Of course, with a cup of hot apple cider and a Red Osier beef on weck sandwich!
Somehow, I turned this into a Letchworth State Park post. Here's a shot I took (back in my film days) of the Middle Falls one year at the Oct craft fair. And then, a shot of one of my mugs from Dean White with some muffins I wish I had right now. (Turns out, that photo was taken exactly one year ago 7.28.08)


No comments:
Post a Comment