Tuesday, July 28, 2009

just a Tuesday

Since I have more readers now, I guess I'll just give a quick book report of what we did today.

Tuesday is a Carl Day at school, so as soon as we dropped him off this morning, Gretchen & I headed out to the beach. We tried a different one today and the sand was much much nicer. It was super soft and flat. The one beach we go down to with the free parking has a bigger slope when the tide goes in and out, so you are kind of on an angle. This one today was easy for us to walk on. Plus, I knew it was low tide, so we had nice shallow feet-walking water. Next week, we're going to pump more money into the parking meter and stay longer! (And one of these weekend days, we'll get to the beach with all 4 of us so I can bring my camera. I am not leaving it on the towel now, so no pictures of our fun.)

Then she and I ate 2 Happy Meals, of course, before picking up Carl. We got very cute pug dogs that they both liked! The teacher said he did very well today at school and even came out and asked her for a blue sit-upon for Circle Time. Again, I roll my eyes at this because he asks for tons of stuff at home and when he does one little thing like that at school, they think he is doing so well! Tomorrow, Ashlie is coming to the house to hopefully see him do a bunch more stuff than he does at school. We're trying to get him to open up more before he moves up to the 3's Classroom in early September. Ashlie thinks the classroom is too loud and wild and he doesn't want to bother trying to compete with that and I tend to agree. I spend a decent amount of time in there between drop-offs and days I "crash" things like water play and other stuff where I get to see the kids in action.

Gretchen went down for nap in about 10 minutes. After struggling with Carl for one hour, I left him in there still awake. 10 minutes later, he was being so noisy he was going to wake up Gretchen, so I got him up and informed him of his consequences.... No Nap, No TV. And - I held to it all night! He cried every time he asked for a show and I reminded him.

Grammie called and Gretchen talked her ear off after dinner. Carl told his one knock-knock joke and sang her the Good Morning song (Hello, How are You?). Then, bath (currently happening now without me...woo hoo!) and next will be 2 stories and then lights out! I am looking forward to watching the Food Network's Best Thing I Ever Ate at 9:30!

Nothing exciting, nothing witty... just a Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment