But, no matter what got us there, we had a lot of fun! We headed for home when lots of bigger kids showed up and were running all over the smaller ones. Plus, Gretchen was pretty sweaty and ready for another drink after an hour of climbing and sliding!
One girl, maybe 7, tried to orgnaize all the little girls into a game of Duck, Duck, Goose. She invited Gretchen so I made sure she knew how to play. I overheard another mom giving her 3 yr old a run down on it, too! Even with 2 kids, it isn't a game that you can play at home, you know? But, once she got the 6-8 kids sitting in a circle and started "duck, duck, goosing" every kid she tapped and said "goose!" immediately responded, "I do not want to be the goose!" and the game petered out pretty quickly. I thought it was a riot!
Once we got back home, she helped me do some laundry - and I found myself explaining a life lesson to her..... multiple Huggy Bears. Darn it - I didn't think they suspected I had the extras and sure enough, I was right. She gasped, "Mommy - there are 2 Huggy Bears!" immediately followed by "I want them both tonight in bed!" I tried to casually explain one stays clean and in the laundry room and you can have one in your room. I think Carl won't believe her even if she tries to tell him she has 2. (He has 5! Shhhh!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment