Thursday, July 23, 2009

geese and poop

Unrelated title subjects.

duh-da-dahhhhh........... this morning Carl pooped in the potty!!!!! Don't you wish you were three years old so people would get excited about your hygiene habits??? We ended up being late for school due to all the excitement and rewards. He earned a Cars movie sticker for his chart, but since I had already mentioned marshmallows - when I asked him if he would like a sticker for his shirt, too, he quickly replied, "I want marshmallows". Then - at school, he remained dry all day long! (OK, I confess that kind of alarms me... dry from 8:30am to 1:00 pm? Not enough to drink, in my opinion) The teachers said they took him in with the other boys twice during the day. Once, he asked to stand once he requested to sit. His therapist also took him in to try to pee another time. Perhaps he will not be heading off to college with a case of Huggies.

On our drive home, Gretchen and I spotted some geese by the pond across the street from our pond. So, we grabbed bread and camera and headed back to find them. She did really well - calling them over "Come here geese! I have bread for you!" and even found time to nibble a bit herself. One bold goose did try to grab a piece out of her hand, but she jumped before he got close enough.
After giving away 90% of our bread, we went down to the water's edge and tossed teeny bits into the pond. We should have left ourselves a bit more for this part. The turtles were loving it! And, fish, too! We didn't get to really see the fish, but they were breaking the water when they grabbed it. They aren't as graceful as the turtles are in snacking on bread crumbs. We'll have to go back and feed them more in a day or two.
I figure these must be retired geese. Otherwise, shouldn't they have all flown back towards Canada? Apparently, these have retired and stay south all summer.

1 comment:

  1. YAY Carl!!! Way to go!!

    I love the pic of Gretchen running from the geese.

    ReplyDelete