....it is time to start pulling out old photos and getting all bittersweet about them turning 6 soon.
The tricky part is going to be finding old photos that I haven't shared already. I have my favs that I always go back to - you know?
coming home from the hospital. This was the day before Thanksgiving. You have probably seen this in a Car Seat Friday somewhere.
This is Gretchen and Lew. See the black on her fingernails? Usually, the hospital only makes foot prints for newborns, but since the NICU was extremely quiet on the night they were born, those nurses imprinted not only their little feet in their baby books, but did hand prints for them as well.
This shot is Carl and me.
Uncle Chuck and Aunt Barbara visited only a few days after coming home! Look how tiny they were... a whole person fitting between your hand and elbow!
This is easily Lew's favorite newborn photo. My Aunt Lila took it when they visited shortly after we came home, too. Again, just seeing the size of the baby compared to Lew is what makes this such a favorite. I have cropped this version, but in the original you can see one of the little tiny bottles they drank from when they first came home and only took a couple ounces at a feeding.
Well, that's enough for today. Stay tuned for more flashbacks as the time gets closer to their birthday!
These were all late November 2005.





No comments:
Post a Comment