Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday shoppers

We didn't get up early.  Well, Carl did, and he woke me up... but we didn't go out shopping.  If Lew had wanted a new phone badly enough, he would have gone out at midnight last night, but he didn't.  The only thing we ever want on Black Friday are $3 or $4 pajamas at Walmart.  So, we wait until the frenzy has subsided and we venture out mid morning.  We got several pairs today!  Awesome!!

Before the kids were born, we did the early morning Black Fridays a few times.  But, honestly, after the 2008 Walmart trampling death,  I haven't had the desire to go out in the wee hours of the morning to go shopping with the masses. Not because I am scared of being trampled, but, rather because it seemed to really put the whole shopping experience into perspective for me. 

Besides, it'll be better for the economy for us to buy our things not on sale.  Right?   And, we always get our jammies in the late morning. 

So, here we are this morning... all dressed for Black Friday... taken 11:10am.
Wanna see something funny???
Black Friday 2009, taken 11:41 am.....  what a difference 2 years makes

1 comment:

  1. I love the difference between the two pictures!! I did the Black Friday thing a couple of times before the kids were born - just for fun. Not really out to get anything HOT or specific. The hassle and stress isn't worth it to me - and NOT part of the meaning of the season. :) That being said... Joe and I have gone back and forth about what we wanted to get the kids this year. About a week ago we were still debating and checking prices and everything was available. I waited too long to make a decision and apparently it became one of the hot toys of the season 2 days after we decided and now I can't find it anywhere (without paying the jacked up prices of ppl that find them and charge double the price). *sigh*

    ReplyDelete