Saturday, November 26, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The tree is up!   And, I had two wonderful elves to help me decorate it!  So, check out this photo... I put ~8 ornaments on the tree at the very top.  Everything else, Carl & Gretchen did.  They were both very into hanging things.  They'd hang up what I sent them over with and then run back to me - pushing each other out of the way to be first in line to get something else.  Now, by the end of the evening, I noticed some branches had 3 ornaments on them... I did separate those after the kids went to bed.  I told them I was going to.  Only because you can't have 3 ornaments on one branch. 



We also have a 3' tree for their room to act as a nightlight.  They want to put the satiny colored balls on that one.  It has multicolored lights.  I also have a 3 foot one with white lights that I have never used.  I bought it for a bunch of my special ornaments.  I think this season I may clear off the piano and put this tree up there.  I think I can almost trust the kids not to take the ornaments off it.  Carl is the one I trust the least.  Not that he is destructive, but he likes pretty things and if he wants to carry an ornament around, no matter how many times I say, "Don't take those off the tree" he'll do it.   By now, I think I can trust the cats to not jump up on the piano and bother the tree.   I have a whole bunch of Dean Griff woodland animal ornaments as well as several of the ornaments that Dean designed with Christopher Radko and a few other just realistic animal ornaments.  I think I am going to fill my white light tree with those this year. 

I cannot put up my very favorite silver tree because the foolish cats try to eat it.  This house is the first one I have had since we got the cats that doesn't have an office with glass doors.  I used to be able to put up my glorious tree and light wheel and keep the door shut.  When we move again, I will be looking for a room with a glass door!! 

So, here is our kick off to the 2011 holiday season!  Now, gotta make a card....  I wonder if I can find a few photos to pull together for that????

2 comments:

  1. Well done, G & C! Beautiful tree!! We've had the discussion several times today about "don't touch" and "hands off" too. :) I would love to see pics of the "special ornaments".... does that include the blown-glass ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good, you are ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete