Monday, August 9, 2010

faster than vacation photos

Just 2 snaps from today. Gretchen picked her outfit and Carl ran to grab his matching one! Ah!! I love matching twins!! (note... that is a size 8 shirt on Carl! Although it is a touch bigger than we normally want his clothes to fit. It was a sale item that didn't come in a smaller size. Still, the 8 isn't insanely huge on him.)

They played outside in the crazy heat for about an hour an a half this morning (which meant I was out there that long, too... neat) and he called her "Minnie" the whole time!
We are really gearing up for the fall vacation!! Both kids are super excited! Gretchen is all talk of eating lunch in Cinderella's castle and Carl just keeps saying, "I can't wait to go to Disney and see Mickey Mouse all day long!" We watched the Disney free planning DVD the other day so the kids could see some attractions and after seeing the Splash Mountain ride, Gretchen came into the kitchen to get me gasping, "Mom! I saw this thing and it wasn't a boat but it went down a waterfall and I HAVE TO GO ON THAT!" I hope I can stomach it! She might be riding things with Lew alone while Carl hangs with me. If he doesn't abandon me to run off looking for Mickey Mouse all day long.
Of course, I have my spreadsheet in place already. I'm only halfway through the unofficial guide so far, though, Angela! That's what I read during my forced 90 minutes outside this morning. In between all the "Mom! Look at this!"-es and "Watch me!"-s, of course!

1 comment: