Today, Gretchen wanted to go out back and take some pictures with me. I wanted to get a shot of her in the dress she was wearing, so we headed out. (We totally forgot to do a Lizard Scan before opening the back door... since my lizard post, I have had to free lizards from inside there four times. Luckily, it's cold enough today that lizards haven't come out to play. Or... perhaps there was one in there and he raced into the house unnoticed by me. Yikes!)
So, I had my 60mm lens on which is a macro (close up) lens. I left it on aperture setting for her and hung the strap around her neck. I really need to figure out a good way to rig it for a 3 year old. It keeps dropping down her back and I am afraid she'll drop the camera. It's a fairly old camera in the world of technology, but still, I have no intention of replacing it just now. Plus, if she did drop it - the lens is worth more than the camera! So, I stayed close.
She is a riot! I really wish I had another camera so I could show you how cute she is with the camera. She differs from me in that I look through the view finder with my left eye and she uses her right eye. So, we were by our azalea bushes to start out. Yes - there are 4 flowers in bloom right now!!! (here's a silly piece of NC trivia... did you know we plant pansies at this time of year? They are our "winter flowers"... ha ha! Try that in NY!) She snapped some of the flower bush and then wandered around the yard. She'd snap her photo and then say "Good one" and move on.

She took 2 shots of me in a row and then announced "OK, that's enough pictures of you. I'm going to look for more stuff." Here's the first one...

This is my favorite of her shots today

I love how she framed this one!

and here are a few more glimpses into the vision of a three year old girl....
dew on spider web
2 leaves she picked out - the brown one is hers and the yellow one is mine.

dew on spider web

2 leaves she picked out - the brown one is hers and the yellow one is mine.
I love these! And I love that you are willing to let her have the camera, too. Are these SOOC? Bravo, Gretchen, and it's a really nice picture of you, too.
ReplyDeleteHow very impressive!! Di you edit or photo shop any of these? She has quite the eye and seems to be a natural!! How fun for all of you!!
ReplyDeleteI lightened them a teeny bit (and sharpened them to post on the web) but I didn't do any cropping at all. That is how she took them!
ReplyDelete