Sunday, October 25, 2009

say "cheese"!

I let the kids take pictures tonight. The camera is heavy - it's got the external flash on it as well as a pretty heavy lens. But, I put the strap on their necks and sort of helped support the camera's weight with them. They looked through the view finder and pushed the shutter button. Well, not true. Gretchen did that. Then it was Carl's turn. He laughed his butter beans off while snapping the shutter as fast as he could. The flash couldn't even keep up with him! Then, Gretchen wanted it back. This time, she wiggled away from me and set off on her own to document the living room. Boy, do I wish I had 2 cameras so I could have taken a picture of her doing this! Our little video camera bit the dust, so I couldn't even snap one with that - or catch her on video.

But, now I have to worry that they will attempt to take the camera down off the shelf by themselves whenever they want to. Lew is going to think this is part of my plan to get a newer camera. But, like our cars, I have no intention of giving this girl up until she finally quits for good. Oh, and Lew's car rolled 170,000 over the weekend. (although, there was a 15 month period when his odometer was stuck and never moved... so she has more miles on her than that technically) Mine has only 160,000. Both got their late coat of summer wax a couple weeks ago. Ah... purdy!


Back to the photos....

shot by Gretchen:


Carl's photos: I guess we should go ahead with our plan to buythem a kids' digital camera for their birthday. But, both proved tonight that they are budding Nikonians! Mama couldn't be prouder!!

1 comment: