Friday, November 6, 2009

attitude history

Just thought of something to share from Gretchen's history of getting pissed off at us. Before she was even talking, if she got mad at something we did (or didn't do) she would 'shard' us. Yes, she'd get a growly looking face and a husky voice and proclaim, "SHARD!"

We never figured it out - other than knowing she was ticked off at someone.

We never got to the bottom of their "Hi Sop-pee" "No Sop-pee" conversations either. But, other adults who witnessed them agreed they were pretty darn hilarious. Probably closer to the 20th (which is less than 2 weeks away! I am already getting pressure to "hang streamers all over the place") I'll pull out the notebook with some flashback stories.

And, Carl doesn't really get mad. Well, he does, but he is so easy to distract and so easy going that his mood never stays long enough to be mad. He used to get frustrated and we'd ask him, "Are you mad?" and he'd smile sweetly and reply in a sing-songy cute tone, "I'm mad!" Now, when he doesn't want to do something, he does tell me, "No mommy, I can't!" when in fact, if you say "Yes you can!" he'll attempt it immediately. Usually with success. Followed by lots of woo-hooing... some even from me.

1 comment:

  1. Lets never put your G and my G in a room together OK? Their 'tudes are so similar. Carl and Rachel can sit and draw together, or read together, or do whatever calm, quiet activity they desire. I fear the G's would be taking up much of our time.

    ReplyDelete