So, before the meal, the kids came parading in dressed in costumes they decorated the week before. (Turns out, they forgot to put the head pieces on the boys and when Diane realized it after the event, she cried telling me about it. She wanted everything to be perfect! I assured her that no one even missed them - the singing was too cute!) The class sang 3 songs and did one poem for us. I could hear Carl's voice clearly! Gretchen's wasn't as noticeable. By the third song, he had gotten a little silly and was singing in a sort of funny low voice with his lips sticking out in an "O" shape. She did not approve of this behavior and proceeded to cover his mouth with her hand. Luckily, she stopped after only about 5 seconds. I wanted to say something to her in a loud whisper - but there were so many video cameras rolling no way was I going to be preserved on film scolding my kid. (Can you spot the other set of twins?)




One song I had heard them practicing before. They sing a mean duet in the backseat of my car, you know. So, I knew the words to that one. The other songs were freakin' adorable, but I couldn't understand the words.

So, join in and sing a Thanksgiving song with Carl, Gretchen & the rest of their friends...
tune: Do You Know the Muffin Man?
The pilgrims came to America, America, America
The pilgrims came to America
a long, long time ago.
They sailed on the Mayflower, the Mayflower, the Mayflower
They sailed on the Mayflower
a long, long time ago.
They made friends with the Indians, ...
They planted seeds and the corn grew tall, ...
They had a great Thanksgiving feast, ...

Oh, so wonderful, Jill!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
ReplyDelete