This is pissing me off. At pick up today, I got scolded by Gretchen's teacher and the assistant director, "When it is this cold out, you need to send her with a coat."
1. it's 58* out
2. she was wearing a long-sleeved dress with long pants underneath
3. it's raining
4. there is a sweatshirt in her back pack
#4 is what I forgot to throw in their faces. I am pissed at myself for not coming right back with, "Did you get her sweatshirt out of her backpack?"
All I said was, "It's raining. I didn't think you'd take them out in the rain." and I got a "Oh, you never know what the weather will be, we go a lot." Then I heard, "I have to mention this to a lot of parents." I don't know if you know this... but I don't care about the other kids in their class. I hate it when they compare my kids or myself to other families there. I want to know how my children react in certain situations, not how they stack up to their peers. What I see happening is they tell me how the class reacts to things (ie fire drills) but can't tell me how my one child fits into that puzzle. To me, that says they aren't paying individualized attention to the kids. And I hear, "There are 18 kids..." yeah, well, if 18 is too many for the teachers to care for, maybe 18 is too many in there.
Why didn't I think of the sweatshirt? Especially since they recently sent home a note telling us that we needed clothes for all weather in their bags.
I can't wait for Monday at pick-up (not going to do it at drop-off because the assistant director won't be there. Oh, she isn'tin the room, just outside at pick-up and always there to add her two cents when she hasn't been in the room with my kids at all. Did I rant about the fire drill comments on here??? Don't get me going....) so I can tell them to be certain to check her back pack before scolding me again for not having appropriate clothing.
I should feel better after writing that down, but I don't. Can you just imagine how I'll react when something really big happens?
Rant away, girl!! That would irk me, too!
ReplyDelete